The safety of students is of the utmost importance to the Fresno Unified School District and clearly stated in the district’s core commitments: “We will provide a safe, clean and orderly learning and working environment.” The district is continually educating students on safety through programs such as Play it Safe, and offers the following safety tips regarding "stranger danger:"
Tips for students:
- Take the same route to and from school, walking with friends or a group whenever possible; avoid alleys and unfamiliar streets.
- Never talk to or approach strangers, especially strangers in vehicles.
- If you witness a stranger acting suspiciously, notice what the stranger looks like and what kind of vehicle he drives; try to memorize some or all of the license plate.
- Trust your instincts.
Tips for parents:
- Talk with your student about avoiding strangers, especially those in vehicles.
- Know where your student is at all times.
- Become familiar with student’s friends.
- Know your student’s schedule, such as minimum days and holidays.